Wickliffe City Schools, in collaboration with ThenDesign Architecture and Hammond Construction, is in the process of constructing a new PK-12 school to replace the existing elementary, middle, and high school buildings.
- The new 204,000 SF building will contain features that support the educational vision of the district and the needs of the community.
- The new building will include a community hub, two gymnasiums, a 500 seat Performing Arts Center, and the Wickliffe Family Resource Center.
- A variety of educational spaces will facilitate different types of learning, from larger collaborative spaces to flexible classrooms, to small group rooms as well as specialty areas for STEAM, technology, science, preschool, arts, and athletics.
- The project partners are pursuing LEED Silver Certification for the project, ensuring that the new campus will be energy efficient and environmentally friendly.
- The new campus site includes new synthetic turf at the stadium (installed summer of 2021), relocation of the existing baseball field, and site preparation for future athletic and practice fields.
- After construction is complete in August 2023, the existing schools will be demolished.