Buses owned by the Board are used primarily for the purpose of transporting students to and from school and for school-approved activities.
“Non-routine student transportation” is defined as transportation of passengers for purposes other than regularly scheduled routes to and from school. School buses may be used for non-routine trips only when approved by the Board and the trips do not interfere with routine transportation services.
All non-routine transportation will be conducted in compliance with State law. The Manager of Operations and Support Services/designee will issue a trip permit that meets the requirements of the Ohio Administrative Code for any non-routine student transportation.
Buses are available to all classes, groups or organizations within the schools in accordance with the following.
- The use of District-owned buses is scheduled through the transportation office.
- Fees charged to groups for the use of the buses are established and made part of District regulations.
- The drivers of the buses must meet all federal, state and District requirements for school bus drivers, and be registered with the Ohio Department of Education as a qualified bus driver.
- The drivers of the buses ensure that the buses are not overloaded, emergency exits are not blocked, and that students conduct themselves in a safe and orderly manner while in the buses and that the buses are operated in a safe and lawful manner.
- The drivers of the buses are responsible for reporting in writing to the transportation office the condition of buses, particularly any need for repair or servicing.
[Adoption date: April 19, 2016]
ORC 3327.01; 3327.05; 3327.10; 3327.13; 3327.14; 3327.15
EEACD, Drug Testing for District Personnel Required to Hold a
Commercial Driver’s License
GBQ, Criminal Records Check
IICA, Field Trips