Please use the links to find the information you need for sports eligibility and OHSAA information:
Please check back later in the summer or early fall for more complete information. Thank you for your patience as we build this site to have complete information.
HOW TO CALCULATE GPA
1) Wickliffe Middle School students can take up to 6 courses per day
2) Students earn & receive "points" based on the value of the grade (A = 4, B = 3, C = 2, D = 1, F = 0)
3) Grades for all courses carry equal weight. Therefore if a student earns a "B" in Math and a "B" in Phys Ed., they are both worth 3 points apiece.
4) Students need to add their point values & divide by the number of courses taken. For example:
Math = B = 3 pts.
Science = C = 2 pts.
Lang. Arts = C = 2 pts.
Soc. Studies = D = 1 pt.
Band = B = 3 pts.
Spanish = D = 1 pt.
Total value is 12. Divide by 6 courses and the GPA = 2.0, which makes the student eligible.
5) Students are guaranteed at least one Unified Arts course. Some students may have a study hall, which is worth no credit.
6) If a student receives more than 1 F they are automatically ineligible.